The basic function of Action Center is to notify in the form of pop-ups dangerous problems of the system that may be encountered, notify about the status of the application, of storage space, … If our Windows system has an antivirus program installed, firewall services are turned on, our operating system is relatively safe, then we can turn off the Action Center so that we do not have to feel annoyed every time we are notified.
How to Turn Off Annoyance Notifications on Windows
Warning messages from the system, firewall warnings, Viruses, … looks like the one below.
Step 1: Access the Action Center
Method 1: On the taskbar, left-click or right-click the Action Center icon on the right side of the screen, and select Open Action Center.
In the next step, select Change Action Center Settings.
Method 2: Go to Control Panel and select Action Center.
Then select Change Action Center Settings.
Step 2: The main interface of Action Center is divided into 3 distinct parts
Security messages include Widows Update, Internet security settings, Network firewall, Spyware and unwanted software protection, User Account Control, Virus protection, Microsoft account, Windows activation. Show notifications when there are problems of software related to the security of the system.
– Maintenance messages section includes Windows Backup, Automatic maintenace, Drive status, Device software, Startup apps, Windows troubleshooting, Homegroup, Files history, Storage spaces, Work folders. Show notifications when during system operation, components such as drives, applications ,… have a problem.
– Related settings section includes online support, direct online submission of issues,…
Step 3: Choose whether to notify or not to notify by ticking or unchecking to be notified exactly you want.
Step 4: If we disable the Action Center completely, we can do it in the following way:
Go to Control Panel and select Notification Area Icons
In this step, select Turn system icons on or off
In the Action Center section, we select it as off, then select OK. From now on, there will be no more Action Center announcements.
With the above 2 ways for us to turn off notifications, or turn off Windows notifications altogether.
- Particularly on Windows 7, when we are installing an application, or removing an application, or updating Windows update packages, sometimes we encounter a dialog box that says “Windows Explorer has stopped working” or “Windows Installer has stopped working“.
In this message, if the user chooses Debug or Close program , the data in the application will be lost. So if we do not want to be in the same situation as above, we can edit in the Registry to disable the above message.
- Go to Computer, and go to C:Windows. Double-click regedit.exe to enter the Registry.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/QMClient/Windows/DisabledSessions. Look for frame number (1) if there is a MachineThrottling key, then delete it, then restart the computer.
Action Center makes us distracted when working, but it is a relatively comprehensive system status notification program, before turning off Action Center, it is best to ensure that the services, operating system security are working well and can minimize the risk of being attacked by external agents.